Monday 25 June 2012

Pop up books!!

Now a day, the pop up skill is universal. We always can see the pop-up cards, pop-up story books in our surrounding world...
Pop up books can bring added dimensionality to the flat, printed page. The picture that coming outward can give reader a surprise, especially the pop up card, it really can make receiver be moved when he/she received a handmade DIY pop up card with full of sincerity.
The visual effect of the technique of pop up attracted my group to have a try of this skill in our story book project, so I tried to find some reference resource in Popular book shop.
But what really made me shocked and disappointed was I can’t found any creative pop up books from that book shop. This made me thought of the creativity of Malaysians. Why Malaysians got an unusually low score for creativity? Is this because of the environment and the education’s system? Or the development of science and technology?
Anyway, I sincerely hope that pop up story books and card would not be a strange thing for children in this generation.=)



No comments:

Post a Comment