Thursday 23 August 2012

Mickey Mouse is a rabbit ??!!!

Mickey Mouse used to be a rabbit?!
Yes!!!
This is an article I read from a website.I was really shock when I saw this interesting article.

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit was the first creation of The Walt Disney Company Archives.It was one of the most iconic animated figures of all times.


The reason why Oswald the Lucky Rabbit has been replaced by Mickey Mouse is because the contract dispute.

Oswald The Lucky Rabbit has followed an interesting path over the past 85 years. In a contract dispute with his partner at Universal on the east coast, Walt Disney lost the rights to Oswald, which contributed to the creation of Mickey Mouse. 
Walt Disney designed Mickey Mouse on the way back on the train to Hollywood and sent telegrams to his brother to tell about this unfortunate thing. Actually he was truly devastated on that time, but he didn't know that the little mouse will push him to the peak!

There are some differences between Oswald and Mickey, but the similarities are striking .
Both share wide white eyes, red shorts and big ears.

I was really admired Walt Disney after I read that article.He could bring into play with his creativity very well in a very short time or even at last minute, this is what I admire and what I can't do.
He was calm and didn't show any panic on the time he lost Oswald.He didn't give up , instead ,created a very cute and attractive mouse.If I were him, I truly will stuck on that emergency time.><
Walt Disney can play in his creativity ANY TIME, ANY WHERE, can I do that?
 This is what I should learn from him!!=)



reference: 

AndrewWine,Jun19,2012,What Came Before Mickey Mouse: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
http://www.nbcchicago.com/entertainment/television/What-Came-Before-Mickey-Mouse-159556645.html


No comments:

Post a Comment